11831 – Sales Ledger / Receivables FTC Job Spec
Location: Leicester / Remote Working
Our Client – a service sector firm based in Leicester – is seeking an experienced Sales Ledger / AR Clerk to join their accounts team for a full-time 12-month fixed term contract (maternity cover).
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all collections are posted accurately and in a timely manner onto the system in line with company policy’s & procedures,
- Working closely with the finance team, ensure all transactions are reconciled & investigated. Ensure processes / systems work efficiently and suggest improvements,
- Monitor debtors, send statements / reminders on a routine basis. Maintenance / clearing of suspense accounts,
- Chasing-up of debtors, maintaining an effective credit control function,
- Raising invoices to other debtors as instructed by other teams. Posting of transactions / adjustments as required,
- Liaising with the finance team, bank and other key stakeholders to ensure any unknown payments / receipts are investigated / resolved,
- Provide exceptional customer service,
- Provide adhoc cover of duties within the finance function.
The Right Person
- Previous experience working within a high-volume accounts receivable / credit control function, meeting strict processing targets,
- Demonstrable knowledge of financial systems & accounts processing,
- Experience with query resolution, with a keen ability to influence, negotiate and handle disputes,
- Maintaining accuracy at all times, ensuring policies & procedures are adhered to,
- Strive for continual process improvement, enthusiastic, proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision,
- Excellent customer service, communication skills, planning, organisational & deadline time keeping skills,
- Strong IT skills incl. Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint skills to an advanced standard.
- Appointment Type: 12-month Fixed Term Contract (maternity cover)
- Salary: £20,000 - £23,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Generous Holiday & Pension
- Flexible working arrangements considered in line with the needs of the business
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11831) on 0116 254 9404.