11824 – Sales & Purchase Ledger Clerk Job Spec
Our Client – a well-established distributer & retailer based in Leicester – is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Accounts Receivables & Payables Clerk to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
- Ensure the timely collection of money from customers by telephone, email, issuing of statements / letters,
- Daily allocation of Cash, Cheques, BACS & Credit Card payments,
- Setting up new Sales Ledger accounts on system incl. obtaining credit limits,
- Maintaining customer database & updating, where necessary,
- Communication with Sales Ledger / Sales Reps when issues arise with outstanding invoices (i.e. awaiting part-credit notes etc). Resolve issues in a quick & effective manner,
- Answering the telephone, taking payments from customers via Credit Card,
- Check out / provide Trade References as required.
- Assisting with daily Purchase Ledger process (stamping & inputting of invoices, matching, batching, coding etc) and query resolution (internal & external),
- Assist the Supervisor in control of payments to key suppliers, ensuring maximum credit is taken whilst ensuring continuity of supply. Intercompany payments, reconciliations & year-end reconciliations,
- Reconciliation of supplier statements, queries & discrepancies. Retain completed reconciliations,
- Reconcile & process BACS payments as per agreed timetable ensuring maximum settlement discounts are taken incl. issuing of remittance advices by email,
- Monitor expense procedures, controlling petty cash incl. company credit card expenditure,
- Set up & maintain supplier database, where necessary,
- Liaise with branches in a quick & effective manner in order to resolve outstanding queries,
- Answering the telephone & resolving queries,
- Provide information for other members of staff & regulatory bodies (including Auditors),
- Adhoc duties related to the role.
The Right Person
- Part or fully-qualified AAT, or equivalent,
- Experience / background working in Sales & Purchase Ledger is essential,
- Effective communication skills & telephone manner is essential,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, able to fit into a dynamic and fast-moving accounting team within a larger organisation,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills.
- Strong IT skills incl. Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook skills to an advanced standard.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Starting Salary: £19,250.00 per annum during your first 3-months (probationary period). Thereafter, you will receive an additional top-up of £375.00 per month (totalling £4,500.00 per annum), taking your total annual salary to £23,750.00
- Bonus: £500.00 - £1,000.00 per annum
- Hours: Full-Time (1hr Lunch)
- Holiday 24 Days + Bank Holidays
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11824) on 0116 254 9404.