11851A – Senior Accountant Job Spec
Our Client – an established Accounting Consultancy based in Leicester – is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to handling a variety of sole-trader, partnership & corporate clients on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Completion of accounts for partnerships & larger limited company clients,
- Undertake and complete self-assessment tax returns,
- Work on individual clients and report directly to the partner, whilst also flexible enough to work as part of the busy Accounts department,
- Interaction with clients on a daily basis by phone, email & face-2-face meetings,
- Assisting the Partner with portfolio management tasks, ensuring all deadlines are met,
- Filing of accounts, CT600’s & other forms to HMRC & Companies House,
- Assisting with training of the junior Accountants, answering queries as and when called upon to do so,
- The flexibility to help out in other areas to ensure the smooth running of what is a small, but busy office.
The Right Person
- Min. AAT-qualified, part OR fully qualified ACCA or CIMA,
- Several years’ experience working within a busy accountancy practice environment,
- Effective communication skills, confident in presenting financial information to senior management,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, able to fit into a dynamic and fast-moving accounting team,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills,
- Strong IT skills. Experience using Iris, Sage, Xero & MS Office is preferred, but not essential.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £28,000 - £36,000 per annum (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 20 Days + Bank Holidays
- Auto-Enrolment Pension
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11851A) on 0116 254 9404.