11816 – Senior Quantity Surveyor Job Spec
Our Client – an established construction sector firm based in Leicester – is seeking an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Weekly, fortnightly & monthly payments of direct & sub-contractor labour-only trades,
- Analyse sub-contractor invoices & applications,
- Keep payment records up-to-date following completion of payment runs,
- Prepare monthly cost / value reconciliations.
- Prepare sub-contractor procurement tender list for sign off by QSM & Operations / Production Directors,
- Prepare tender document packs & issue to the relevant sub-contractors,
- Undertake analysis & evaluate upon return tenders, comparing prices against each other / previous developments and the site budget,
- Carry out pre-order meetings with sub-contractors,
- Issue sub-contractor purchase orders upon completion of the pre-order meeting,
- Supervise Assistant Quantity Surveyor and Quantity Surveyors where required.
The Right Person
- Previous experience in a similar position working on residential projects is essential,
- BSc Hons in Quantity Surveying or a Construction-related degree,
- Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or CIOB is preferable,
- Prince 2 qualification is desirable,
- Hold a valid and appropriate CSCS card or commit to obtaining one,
- Experience using COINS or Eque 2 Housebuilding software is desirable,
- Effective communication skills, confident in presenting information to senior management,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, able to fit into a dynamic and fast-moving team within a large organisation,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills,
- Valid UK Driving Licence.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £45,000 - £65,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 28 Days + Bank Holidays (incl. Xmas Closure)
- Benefits incl: KPI Bonuses, Company Car or Car Allowance, 5%+ ERs/ 5% EEs Pension, Private Health.
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11816) on 0116 254 9404.