11668 – Senior / Semi-Senior Accountant (Assistant Manager) Job Spec
Our client, a long-established Accountancy and Wealth Management Consultancy based in Leicester, are seeking an ambitious accountant to join their team on a full-time permanent basis. Reporting directly to the Senior Management / Partners, the successful candidate will be responsible for producing and processing accurate and timely figures, building effective working relationship with clients and colleagues, and assisting in the continued success of the firm.
- Responsible for preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships, LLP's
- Preparation of VAT returns, bookkeeping, management accounts.
- Responsible for compiling statutory accounts and managing monthly accounts.
- Liaising with clients, acting as point of contact for enquiries.
- Support with Corporate and Personal tax issues and dealing with HMRC.
- Assisting with Audit assignments.
- Providing support to clients and colleagues, and other miscellaneous office administrative duties, as needed.
- Such other duties as may reasonably fall within the scope of the job and/or which may be assigned occasionally.
The Right Person
- Essential - GCSE or equivalent qualification in Mathematics and English at Grade C / 4 or above
- Desirable – Part or Full Qual AAT, ACCA, ACA
- 4 years + experience in an accountancy practice, including experience of Audit. Experienced user of Xero / QuickBooks / Sage. Experience & knowledge of VAT.
- Customer / client focused
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work to tight deadlines - well organised
- Good communication skills including written communication
- Proactive approach and initiative
- Good team experience
- Able to earn respect from others
- Enthusiastic, Reliable and a flexible approach to work
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time (4:00pm Friday finish)
- Holiday 22 Days + Bank Holidays
- Study Support, Paid Study Leave, Exam Bonuses, Professional Memberships Paid
- Flexible Working (part-time remote working subject to criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- New Client / Employee Bonus Scheme
- Company Pension
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Shared Parental Pay
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Casual Dress Code
- Paid-for Social & Christmas Events (subject to lifting of COVID-19 restrictions)
If you’re interested & think you’re suitable for this opportunity, please apply online OR call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11668) on 0116 254 9404.