11774 – Tax Manager Job Spec
Location: Leicester City Centre
Our Client – an established chartered accountancy & wealth management consultancy based in Leicester – is seeking a CTA-qualified Tax Professional to join their team on a full-time permanent basis… initially at Senior Tax Manager level, with a view to becoming Tax Partner for the office. It is possible – depending on circumstances – for the right candidate to step straight into Partnership.
The Role & Right Person
- The successful candidate will possess experience in dealing with tax compliance and planning requirements for Sole Traders, Partnerships, Limited Companies and PLCs.
- The successful candidate must have a minimum of ten years' experience within Personal and Corporate Tax compliance, incl. experience of all areas of Tax (Schedule D and E, GGT, IHT. Tax Planning experience would be useful. Experience of CCH software would be advantageous, but is not essential.
- Support a Tax Partner, primarily with tax advisory work in its Leicester office, covering a broad range incl. corporate reorganisation work, share exchanges, demergers, reconstructions etc, as well as corporate issues re: loan relationships, intangibles etc.
- You will also deal with share incentive arrangements and more routine private client tax planning re: business asset disposal relief, private residence relief, EIS/SEIS, general inheritance tax planning and all aspects of trust work.
- Your work will include non-UK domiciliary clients, therefore some experience in this area and (ideally) offshore trusts would be advantageous. Share valuation experience would also be extremely helpful.
- Experience of – and the ability to – network and market the firm's services and tax products within the wider professional and business community is essential.
- The right person needs to be CTA-qualified. STEP and/or ADIT would be nice, although a good level of experience would be even better. Candidates should be at the level of or seeking to progress to the level of Senior Manager.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 20 Days + Bank Holidays
- Benefits incl. Study Support, Pension, Parking
- A split of working in the office & remotely
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11774) on 0116 254 9404.