11897 – Systems Accountant Job Spec
Our client – an established service sector business based in Leicester – is seeking a part or fully-qualified systems accountant to work with the Finance Team to drive continuous improvement to the financial systems on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Project manage the implementation of approved new financial software & changes / upgrades to existing software,
- Act as point of contact for all enquiries / requests for action in respect of improvements & changes to the company’s financial systems,
- Undertake process reviews, improving efficiency through enhanced use of appropriate software solutions,
- Maintain chart of accounts & ensure any changes are reflected in the reporting hierarchies of all affected systems,
- Co-ordinate the access matrices for all Finance Team members to ensure that segregation of duties are maintained for each role. Liaise with IT colleagues to ensure robust system controls are maintained,
- Act as Oracle super-user, ensuring all essential system administration tasks are performed to standard,
- Act as lead developer of the Spreadsheet Server management reporting system, working with the Finance Team colleagues to maximise system utility for the team & budget holders,
- Deploy change management initiatives to move personnel from legacy software / systems & discontinue as required (i.e. Insight),
- Work with users across the business / IT colleagues to maximise the efficiency & effectiveness of the P2P purchase ordering system, incl. supporting system development,
- Act as the lead Finance team interface with IT colleagues for all significant financial systems issues and enhancement requests,
- Support the Capital Finance team – set up scheme codes, build development scheme reports, implement enhancements to streamline intercompany recharges,
- Support the Treasury Team – projects include a new treasury management system (TMS) and enhancements to loan security database (currently Excel, looking at moving to SQL); also contribute to system administration for electronic banking systems,
- Develop robotic automation processes to improve efficiencies,
- Improve system integration / interfaces across finance & other systems,
- Liaise with software providers in managing relationships / contracts,
- Actively contribute to the wider work of the Finance team and at all times, exhibit values & behaviours which align with the status of the role,
- Exhibit an absolute commitment to quality customer service, delivery of value for money, high performance, equality & diversity at all times. Support end-user training requirements,
- Manage end-user queries & triage / resolve as necessary,
- Ensure Financial system documentation is maintained & updated, incl. user guides for development teams,
- Contribute to developing system solutions to harmonise / improve / automate processes,
- Writing & developing SQL scripts from Oracle, P2P, Northgate, Bluebox & other databases where required,
- Supporting auditors with GL data extraction & completeness.
The Right Person
- Part OR fully-qualified accountant,
- Formal recognition of IT expertise would be preferred.
- Essential: Proficient using Oracle, SQL & MS Excel to an advanced level.
- Experience of a high performing finance function, incl. project management,
- Experience with various software applications used within finance,
- Developing high quality financial reports,
- Building effective relationships with non-finance colleagues, particularly in IT,
- Being an IT expert within a non-IT role, comfortable with technical aspects of financial software,
- An effective communicator who is customer focused, with a passion for service excellence & continuous improvement,
- Prioritise / multi-task effectively, able to meet strict deadlines,
- A team player, committed to accuracy of processing & achievement of service standard expectations,
- Ensures policies & procedures are adhered to,
- Considers ‘Value for Money’ when approaching / completing tasks,
- Ability to analyse & present complex information to non-IT / finance colleagues.
- Knowledge of the social housing sector / housing market & the varying tenures of housing which are available.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £37,000 - £43,000 (subject to experience / qualifications)
- Hours: Full-Time 35hrs per week
- Holiday 26 Days + Bank Holidays
- Benefits incl. Pension, Healthcare Cash Scheme, Discounts, Service Awards,
- Flexible working arrangements considered in line with the needs of the business
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11897) on 0116 254 9404.