12044 – Tax Assistant (Part-Time) Job Spec
Summary of the Role
Our client – an independent firm of chartered accountants & business advisors based in Leicester – are seeking an experienced tax assistant accountant on a part-time permanent basis.
Reporting to the Tax Manager, the successful candidate will be dealing with general tax compliance relating to the preparation / filing of personal tax returns, corporation tax returns, P11d's etc.
Whilst you wouldn’t have sole responsibility for more complex tax work, you would have the opportunity to get involved in this by assisting the Tax Manager.
The Right Person
- Someone looking to develop their career in tax accounting,
- Qualified-By-Experience, or part-qualified CTA, AAT or equivalent,
- Previous experience with tax returns is essential,
- Up-to-date technical knowledge of tax legislation, query handling,
- Proactive, able to work independently with minimal supervision,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills,
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal English),
- Good IT skills… experience using MS Excel, Sage, QuickBooks and/or Xero would be advantageous.
- Appointment Type: Permanent (in-house)
- Salary: circa £25,000 - £30,000 per annum (subject to experience), pro-rata’d for part-time
- Hours: Part-Time (from 3-full days to 4-5-part days)
- Holiday 20 Days + Bank Holidays (pro-rata’d for part-time)
- Career progression pathway
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 12044) on 0116 254 9404.