12012 – Tax Associate Job Spec
Summary of the Role
Our client – a successful, expanding firm of chartered accountants in Lutterworth – is seeking an experienced Tax Associate to assist both private & corporate clients in preparing reports, investigating issues & to deliver effective solutions on a full-time permanent basis. Working alongside a small tax team and reporting to the Tax Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Championing existing tax ideas to deliver to clients, actively seeking selling opportunities from new & existing clients,
- Managing a portfolio of clients, from a wide variety of business sectors with support from an experienced tax team,
- Communicating with clients to obtain details required to complete returns in a timely manner,
- Preparing personal tax returns, partnership returns & corporation tax returns,
- Provide advisory support to clients regarding tax queries.
The Right Person
- Part OR fully-qualified AAT / CTA,
- An experienced candidate who understands tax rules and can hit the ground running,
- The desire and drive to develop professionally (a training contract may be considered for CTA),
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal),
- Good attention to detail, proactive, able to work to tight deadlines and willing to learn,
- Strong IT skills. Incl. MS Office. Experience using IRIS Personal & Business Tax software preferred, but not essential.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum (subject to qualifications / experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday: 20-days + Bank Holidays (increasing in line with service)
- NEST Pension
- Some flexibility on start/finish times
- Real career progression pathways
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 12012) on 0116 254 9404.