12054 – Tax & Financial Accountant (FTC) Job Spec
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced tax & financial accountant to join an established firm based in Hinckley for a full-time 9-month fixed-term maternity contract. The role is approximately 70% tax-focused and 30% accounts. This critical role will be responsible for reviewing the VAT returns prepared by the finance team, building good relationships with their tax / group finance teams, and preparing for a move to a new ERP system. This is an ideal opportunity for a finance professional possessing an excellent understanding of HMRC requirements.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supervision of the Tax inbox, responding to Business unit queries,
- Ownership of the monthly & quarterly VAT return processes, reviewing/challenging as required,
- Continue to review / improve tax reporting processes (utilising automation where advantageous),
- Assist with balance sheet reconciliations (PAYE / NIC),
- Work closely with Group Tax, liaising with Business unit Finance Directors,
- Work closely with shared service centre Financial Accounting Manager in preparation for going live with Oracle Fusion.
The Right Person
- Qualified ACA, CIMA, ACCA or CTA, or equivalent,
- Excellent tax knowledge – preferably including CIS – with a good understanding of domestic reverse charging,
- Ability to quickly understand processes with a commitment to continuous process improvement,
- Cultivate effective & confident communication skills / relationships with colleagues at all levels,
- Be customer-focussed, with an understanding of shared service centre operations,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills,
- Strong IT skills incl. Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint & Word. Knowledge of using Oracle Fusion would be advantageous.
- Appointment Type: 9-Month Maternity Fixed-Term-Contract
- Salary: £50,000 per annum (subject to experience)
- Discretionary Bonus
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 28 Days + Bank Holidays
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 12054) on 0116 254 9404.