12069 – Tax & Financial Accountant Job Spec
Location: East Leicestershire
Our client – a successful, growing accountancy practice based in East Leicestershire – is seeking an experienced Tax & Financial Accountant to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
You would be using the latest cloud-based applications to provide a broad range of accounting and business support services – mainly to early-stage technology businesses – many of whom are based in Cambridge or London, with a growing number overseas.
The practice supports their clients with all aspects of financial management & reporting, providing a number of advisory services incl. support for funding rounds, assistance with claiming Government support for research & development activities.
This is a tax advisory & compliance role, working collaboratively on research & development tax relief claims, employee share incentive schemes and EIS / SEIS investments, as well as overseeing standard tax compliance processes such as corporation tax & VAT.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Acting as a key point of contact, both internally & for clients,
- Ownership of corporate tax returns & VAT return processes,
- Liaising with bookkeeping team, monitoring progress with the year-end statutory accounts,
- Managing tax compliance issues, incl. P11d & annual ERS submissions,
- Preparing R&D tax credit claims,
- EIS / SEIS / advanced assurance & compliance statements,
- EMI valuations & filings.
The Right Person
This is an ideal opportunity for a finance professional possessing an excellent understanding of legislative requirements, to pursue a career in financial reporting and taxation in a stimulating and supportive office environment. Candidates should exhibit the following qualities / experience:
- AAT / CTA-qualified, or ACA / CIMA / ACCA with tax experience gained within practice,
- Up-to-date knowledge of tax legislation with a comprehensive understanding of VAT,
- Effective communication skills, confident in presenting financial information to clients & colleagues at all levels,
- Excellent planning, organisation & deadline time keeping skills, with the ability to effectively prioritise a diverse workload,
- A collaborative worker, supporting team members, not afraid to ask questions,
- Proactive with an eagerness to learn & develop professional,
- Strong IT skills (knowledge of Xero would be an advantage).
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time 9:00am – 5:30pm
- Holiday 20 Days + Bank Holidays (increasing 1-day per year up to 25+STAT)
- Employee Workplace Pension (3% ERs / 5% EEs)
- Benefits incl. Gym Membership, Medicash Plan, Long Service Award, Free On-Site Parking
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 12069) on 0116 254 9404.