Technical Service Desk Analyst
- Job Reference: 11548
- Date Posted: 20 February 2020
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Syston
- Salary: £25,000 to £30,000
- Bonus/Benefits: Excellent Benefits
- Sector: Administration & Business Operations, I.T. & Communications
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client a successful international organisation are looking to add a Technical Service Desk Analyst to their small friendly team.
Working closely with all other IT support teams, playing a key role in major incident service restoration activities, providing technical guidance and support and work with other cross functional areas to resolve service incidents and problems as quickly as possible.
This is a Full Time Permanent position, and due to the clients location a driving licence is essential.
* Support the leadership of the Service Desk, managing workloads to ensure an efficient and effective service.
* To provide 1st line and 2nd Line Technical support.
* Ensure a best practice approach to Incident, Request and Problem management processes, in line with agreed SLAs.
* Proactively assist with the management of team work queues ensuring that all Requests, Incidents and Problem tickets are processed, updated and completed in a timely manner and in accordance to procedures.
* Work closely with the IT Service Desk to promote cross-skilling and technical development of the 1st line IT Service Desk team to increase 1st line fix rate and decrease the numbers of tickets passed from 1st, 2nd line and 3rd line
* Build and maintain effective working relationships within the business.
* Ensure that Knowledge Articles are documented and maintained to enable efficient delivery of customer service
* Provide, on request, key management information for inclusion within team / departmental reports (e.g. dashboards, rag status, SLA's, KPI's. risks/issues).
* Act as a support element to the team on particular issues and provide support and cover where there are specific service pressures.
* Works with Level 3rd level and 3rd parties teams
* Maintain an accurate and up-to-date knowledge base
* Perform system administration duties in a Windows Active Directory environment
* Perform all client software installation and support
* Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems
* Process Movers, Leavers and Joiners IT processes including new user orientation
* Support remote users in accessing corporate resources
* Maintain conference facilities providing Exec level service at all times.
* 3 + years' experience, working in a Technical Support environment with 400+ employees
* Good experience of Active Directory.
* Strong and demonstrable technical support and desktop management skillset, in but not limited to Windows 7/10, Office 2016, O365, SCCM, AD, Group Policy, Citrix
* Understanding of basic networking, TCPIP, DNS, DHCP etc.
* Good knowledge of remote access methods and applications
* Service Now ticketing system experience advantageous
* Excellent customer service and telephone skills
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Hardware configuration experience
* Hardware repair experience
* Willing to work late and weekends on an as needed basis
* Must be team oriented
* Must have a desire and passion for continuous
* Self-starter with a passion for personal development